Friday, January 8, 2010

I have a 1.5 yr old nephew who will not eat food with more texture than stage 2 baby food. How can I fix it?

My son is 2 and can not eat anything further then #2 baby food. Some children have problems with swallowing and adversions to textured food. The best way to help this problem is by talking with the peditriction and getting your child into speech therapy, who work with swallowing and eating as much as talking.I have a 1.5 yr old nephew who will not eat food with more texture than stage 2 baby food. How can I fix it?
I have the exact same problem with my son. He is only 9 months old, but I asked his Dr and this is what she suggested. She said to just keep trying the different textured foods once every few days. He will get used to it. I can at least mix up the stage 2 fruits in baby oatmeal, so I feel he is at least getting something besides fruit and veggies!





And why do they only have fruit, veggies, and mac and cheese in the stage 2 anyhow?!?!I have a 1.5 yr old nephew who will not eat food with more texture than stage 2 baby food. How can I fix it?
My son was the same way. Keep trying at every meal. That is what I had to do. The doctor wanted to send him to a food nutritionist but I was not into that (what are they going to do...give the baby a ';pep talk';)...just keep trying at every meal - shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, etc - eventually he will come around. There are NO KIDS in kindergarten who ';cant eat'; - think about it! Good Luck and God Bless you!
try diffrent foods

No comments:

Post a Comment